I’m not sure about you, but I’m always on the lookout for hands on toys that requires kids to use their imagination. I know I remember loving certain toys and games from my childhood, and most of them didn’t involve a screen. (Well, with the exception of using the running pad at my friends house that hooked up to a video game!).
The following is a list that still thrills kids and you won’t believe how simple they are:
- Play-doh. Yes, it can be messy, but so worth it.
- Play foam – this stuff is magic! Less mess but super fun to mold
- Bubble wands- my kids are 4 & 6 and still like bubbles
- Design rubbing plates – (see Melissa and Doug) you can create your character by putting plates together then run on top and you get your character to color
- Craft supplies – craft sticks, piper cleaner, paper, google eyes
- PUZZLES! These are so amazing! Kids can use their problem solving skills and work on their focus
- Card games – Old Maid, Go Fish, Crazy 8s
- Pinwheels – I know! But they can take them outside and play in the wind
- Magna- tiles
- Legos for older kids
- Board games – Guess who, Hoot Owl Hoot, Sneaky Snacky Squirrel, Surprise slides (They have all different kinds) Sorry! (My kids really like this surprisingly)
- Bead kits
- Food and kitchen items (Melissa and Do ug)
- Cash register
- Old school phone
- Memory game – ugh, I lose every time to my kids, no joke
- Stamps and stamp rollers – can also be used in play-doh too
- Train and wooden train tracks
Anyone have any toys their kids love?