Need something lighter to mix up all the red sauce pasta you may be eating? This recipe is easy, quick and packed with flavor!
Start boiling your water for pasta. We use Borilla protein pasta, it’s yummy and good for you. While your water is working up to a boil, chop and add ingredients to frying pan.
Ingredients for frying pan: Heat on medium – low
- 1-1.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chop/dice 4 Roma tomatoes (I use two per person)
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 3-4 Handfuls of spinach. It may look like a lot, but they wilt up and shrink. Start with a little then add more as you see fit.
- Chop fresh basil, a good size handful. If you don’t have fresh, you can add the dried herb, it just might not be as potent. Use what you have! There’s no way to mess this up!
- Add 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter (If you have salted or margarine, that works too)
- Add the squeeze of a whole lemon if it’s small, maybe half if it’s a giant lemon and gives a lot of juice.
- Heat til tomatoes are soft.
- Reduce heat to low, add cooked pasta from saucepan directly into the frying pan and mix. Let the butter and lemon sauce coat the pasta for two minutes.
That’s it. Add some parm cheese on top if desired and there you have it…yummy, delicious, and full of flavor!